Manager, Derivatives Accounting Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Finance Operations, Manager, Derivatives Accounting evaluates complex purchase power contracts and deals to determine and make accounting judgments if the contracts meet the requirements of derivative accounting. Works with the front and mid-offices as well as technical accounting research in these assessments. Provides direction and support to the Derivatives team.
- Leads accounting activities that support derivatives accounting.
- Assures accurate and timely recording, processing of transactions to support budgeting and forecasting activities to drive performance.
- Evaluates, analyses and reviews ledger accounts ensuring accuracy and validity for close processes.
- Evaluates derivatives documentation according to policies and processes.
- Assists in the reviewing of net income, balance sheet and commodity variances against current and historical data.
- Supports reporting with the submission of mandatory filings and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Evaluates contracts and determining treatment for derivatives.
- Applies knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX and SEC requirements.
- Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred 5 years in accounting with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to drive month-end and filing close timelines
- Background in utility service or similar industry accounting
- Proven experience to assess financial risk
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
- Ability to lead teams of Finance professionals
- Commodities and derivatives
- Gas and Electric Commodity process
- General accounting
- Identify patterns and trends
- Utility industry accounting
- Process centric operations
- US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC regulations
- Process Management
- Month-end close processes
- Risk mitigation
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now