Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
National Grid is hiring for an End User Experience Senior Engineer Infrastructure and Operations department in Hicksville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and team work.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Organizations that want to keep pace with a flexible work world and attract and keep talented employees need to create a digital workplace where team members can work seamlessly anytime, from anywhere. National Grid must undergo significant transformation to create a digital workspace that will meet the growing needs of our Business and end users. The Senior Engineer is a crucial role to help fulfil this mandate. This high demand function sits within the End User Technology Experience (EUX) team.
The primary role entails driving Strategic and Engineering direction for the Device, Data, and Access area within the End User Technology Experience (EUX) team. The Senior Engineer will work closely with Vendors, Partners, Project teams with recommendations for short term tactical improvements and solutions, while being a key contributor for long term strategic and engineering solutions for the future. This position will interface with key stakeholders within IT and the NG Business to clearly define, communicate, document, and engineer solutions within the DDA space. They will interact and work with the Operations teams on high level incidents and assist with the troubleshooting of escalated issues from within the operational regions. This position will work closely with Solution Architects across all of IT and within the project space, to ensure, maintain, and deliver a world class user experience with continual service improvement. The Senior Engineer will also work closely with Business Enablement teams to ensure various modes of communication are used to market specific Product updates, improvements, and experiences.
• Technology scopes will include Win 7, Win 10, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, Intune, Application packaging, Standard Operating Environment (SOE), MS Store, MS Teams, O365, WaaS, Azure, VMWare, VDI, Endpoint Hardware and Device Configuration.
• Accountability of Engineering solutions for current state and future vision that align to overall product roadmaps.
• Works closely with architecture, engineering manager, product owners, and delivery functions to provide a world class end-to-end product experience to end user customers.
• Provide insights into product, technology and market trends.
• In depth knowledge of Active Directory including group policies and CIS benchmarking, Standard Operating Environment (SOE), SCCM, and Intune
• Work with IT Communications and Business Enablement teams to develop materials to market products.
• Assist with driving a smooth product transition to operations and support via infrastructure operations best practices such as ITIL, and a high capability maturity
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering) or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years’ experience within End User technologies and delivering capabilities such as Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, Application packaging, O365, Standard Operating Environment (SOE), VMWare, VDI, Endpoint Hardware and configuration.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of Auto-Pilot, Intune, WaaS, MS Teams, and MS Store
• A demonstrated and focused desire to build powerful, simple, well-designed products and services that customers will love to use
• Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
• An ability to think strategically and creatively, with the capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, writing documentation and presentations
• The ability to manage time and adjust initiatives with proper prioritization to meet aggressive deadlines
• An excellent and deep attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations
• Good leadership skills with experience collaborating and working with cross-functional teams
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)