Supervisor, Distribution Design Apply Now
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensures timely development of distribution construction designs and plans, ordering of long lead time material, request of easements, permits, and other requirements in order to meet business plan goals, and construction schedules required to meet the customer need dates or work execution plan schedules within the region.
- Ensures that designs are complete, accurate and buildable, material correct, and scope is the least cost solution to meet design intent and to maintain customer satisfaction within the region. ]
- Ensures staff adheres to Distribution Design Standards/Processes.
Interfaces externally with major Industrial and Commercial customers, as well as, major residential developers, local inspection and approval authorities, other utilities, local and state governmental and public leaders, PSC, DPU and other regulatory agencies within the region. Internally interfaces routinely with divisional Business Services, Operations, Network Asset Planning, Order Fulfillment, Distribution Support, Project & Program Management, Real Estate, Environmental Engineering, Network Asset Strategy and Standards & Work Methods.
- Supervises direct reports in their response to delivery system outages and contingencies.
- Motivates, counsels, coaches and develops direct reports and others; establish clearly defined goals and standards of divisional employee performance.
- Ensures proper administration of the labor agreement and all EEO, safety and human resource policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with Union Leadership and all department employees.
- Manage performance metrics for group and individual performance.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or Associate of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology with 5 year expereince from an accredited engineering or technological school or equivalent or in lieu of a degree 6 years experience in Distribution Design.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Distribution Design, T&D Operations, Engineering, or equivalent including a demonstrated commitment to safety practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the proven ability to direct, supervise, motivate and train a staff of technical and support employees.
- Strong knowledge of Company policies, procedures, and the labor agreement. Demonstrated knowledge of electric theory, labor relations, utility construction practices, equipment and material requirements, National Grid standards for construction, OSHA and National Grid safety standards, environmental/hazardous material handling, national electric safety code and local ordinances.
- Knowledge of the Company's budget process and proven budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of utility accounting, electric rate tariffs and associated service bulletins and account classification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including active listening and negotiations skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive customer relations; anticipate, identify, respond to both internal and external customer concerns and problems.
- Computer skills with experience in a variety of software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Geographic Information System, STORMS/MAXIMO, PeopleSoft and AutoCad.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job:Maint & Construction
Primary Location:NY-Glens Falls
Job Posting:Feb 11, 2018, 8:16:22 PM
Unposting Date:Mar 14, 2018, 3:59:00 AM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now