About the Position:
We are presently seeking a Office Technician A for an opening in our Upstate, Eastern Area (Glenmont, Schenectady, Albany). In addition to a starting wage of $26.20 per hour, we offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, tuition assistance and more. Under general supervision, to perform administrative support activities of various degrees of complexity, and to perform as required such duties as:
- Assemble, maintain and/or transcribe information from various sources, prepare and maintain reports, correspondence and records, forms and orders.
- Prepare time and mileage reports.
- Make arithmetical computations; maintain statistical information.
- Check data for accuracy and otherwise assist in completing various types of orders, reports, invoices.
- Communicate with customers or their representatives, outside agencies, and other departments.
- Update company records including but not limited to maps and various reports.
- Perform administrative support activities associated with the tasks and responsibilities of the department.
- Receive and dispatch information and orders in person and by telephone and radio.
- Assist employees of higher grade as required.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to satisfactorily interact with customers, outside agencies and other departments.
- Ability to handle duties that require independent judgment.
- Ability to make arithmetical computations.
- Familiarity with computer applications normally required in a business environment.
- Satisfactory completion of validated skills testing (keyboarding), as determined by the Company.
- Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Proficient in MS Office Suites, one-year computer experience
- Highly organized candidate who can balance competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Note: The progression from an Office Technician A, B, C will occur over a two-year period with one year spent at each level. The complexity of the duties shall increase in accordance with the department requirements and the training provided.
Location: Glenmont, Schenectady, Albany Area
In accordance with guidelines regarding companies classified as Federal contractors and consistent with our core commitment of safety, National Grid has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.