Bachelors degree preferred in Electrical engineering.
- 5-10+ years relevant electric construction experience in all aspects of electric utility operations, utility construction operations or similar industry
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, local, company safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret job scope of work, prints, specifications, schematics, instructional
information and contract documents and also be able to catch errors before they are made and create effective solutions.
- Must have thorough understanding of civil construction principles, equipment, work methods and the hazards associated with this work and have the ability to mitigate those hazards.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of company maintenance practices, safe work practices, tagging rules and labor
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Must be self-motivated and have strong time management and record keeping skills
- Field experience with switching and tagging. (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to develop, administer and enforce a strong Safety culture.
- Hands-on experience with completion of challenging field construction work.
- Maintain a non-restricted driver's license.
- Able to travel throughout the service territory and willing to work extended hours when job requires and for system emergencies.