Qualifications and Knowledge
- AAS or BS Degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering. AOS in Electrical Construction and Maintenance.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a qualified substation relay technician.
- Adept on the use of computers and able to manage and maintain computer software.
- Adept at working with AC and DC electrical elementary drawings/blue prints.
- General understanding of IEEE /ANSI devices and numbering System.
- Must have a valid driver license with no violation points.
- Self-motivated and able to learn on own.
- Ability to work well with vendors, customers, and other employees.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Able to work overtime and respond to emergency callouts.
- NETA Certification is a plus
Location: Buffalo, NY
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.