A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Social Media Specialist for our Customer Organization in Brooklyn, NY.
National Grid is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to add to our Delivery Team. This role is an exciting opportunity to improve and build National Grid’s online presences, brand awareness and drive social customer management across key channels. We are seeking an individual who has with strong online communication and business analytical skills. We are looking for the right mix of content strategist, copywriter, and customer advocate.
Help to bring National Grid’s brands to life on social media, and work to expand the company’s capabilities for support social customer care management. This position will drive our efforts to expand our digital customer management capabilities and content creation to ensure we are providing a lower effort digital experience.
Will work with an enthusiastic team to producing goal-oriented content and change the way National Grid’s customers engage with the service organization. This role will help target the right audience, analyse the data, and report on campaign results.
Support development and implementation plans to connect social media, text, and email for message effectiveness and increased self-service transactions among customers.
- Spearhead holistic monthly voice of the customer KPI discussion to inform customer performance dashboard and digital performance hub to communications satisfaction among customers.
- Partner closely with Product Owners and Digital Performance team to leverage analytics, best practices and learnings to support each other’s goals collectively as a team.
- Support the PIO on major incidents such as storms through proactive engagement towards customers on the web, social media, mobile (app and text) and email channels.
- Responsible for the strategy, implementation, and roll out of Sprinklr CARE solution as a proof of concept (POC) to more effectively and efficiently answer customer support inquires.
- Monitor the external marketplace to identify best practices and emerging trends and apply knowledge to put in place improvements in National Grid’s use of our digital channels and communications for customers.
- Gather insights from market research channels and lines of business (i.e. CRC, surveys, insights, customer council, ad-hoc surveys, etc.) and make recommendations to improve the customer experience through social media and digital channels (text, email, etc.)
- Lead and closely engage with cross functional internal / external business partners- including, but not limited to Product growth, customer innovation, customer enablement and process working groups to identify/ mitigate risks, duplication of efforts and influence future state design to ensure delivery of a holistic customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (preferably in Digital Communications/ User Experience, Marketing) and 5 + years of working in digital, communications channels,tools and marketing to support the delivery of effective customer communications
- Knowledge of analyzing & responding to detailed customer inquiries.
- Is creative and self-motivated. Strong writing skills, a sharp editorial eye, and an understanding of digital media.
- Extensive experience of all social media channels and familiarity with social listening platforms like Hootsuite, Sprinklr and Tagboard.
- Experience in implementing Sprinkler CARE or similar product and prepare operation for readiness
- Content management experience and email/CRM engine expertise is a plus but not required
- Strong problem solving, analytical, computer skills including the following: IE, Adobe, Outlook and Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Experience working independently on multiple simultaneous initiatives, including initiates that involve managing internal and/or external parties
- Strong leadership and team building skills; ability to react quickly to the changing market conditions in a highly complex and dynamic marketplace.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction. Responsible for developing and maintaining SOP’s to insure all processes are fully documented and up to date.
- Ability to work irregular hours or travel for related assignments as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver policy.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.