A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Web Analyst for our Digital Channel Engagement department in Brooklyn, NY.
The Digital Channel Engagement team exists to elevate National Grid’s customer engagement by increasing self-service transactions, channel optimization and improving customer satisfaction across all digital touch points that matter most. The Senior Web Analyst will work within the CMS and knowledge management platforms to be responsible for the graphic and user interface of the National Grid US external and internal sites. The individual will help maintain daily updates of National Grid’s web and mobile sites, adhering to existing design templates and brand guidelines. Thos role will maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; ensuring load speed times are optimal for external and internal users, editing submissions from the business. In addition, He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all projects are meeting brand guidelines, establishing a governance structure, and escalation process is established to ensure that all digital request and initiatives are in full alignment with the overall digital strategy and vision of all the web channels.
- Maintain daily updates of National Grid’s internal sites, adhering to existing design templates and brand guidelines.
- Maintain daily updates of National Grid’s web and mobile sites (external sites), adhering to existing design templates and brand guidelines.
- Implement site changes, improvements, and technical enhancements based on web analytics and customer feedback.
- Partner with Internal and external stakeholders to ensure site meets company and customer needs and aligns with our brand strategy and web standards.
- Ability to support all of National Grid’s digital channels during a crisis (e.g. storms, outages and gas or electric emergencies).
- Work closely and in support with our Transaction Web and Digital Communications teams.
- Proven ability to partner cross-functionally and navigate within a matrix organization.
- Develop and execute UAT test scenarios, test cases and test scripts based on requirements.
- Review business, functional and technical requirements for impact analysis.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to other groups during design, testing and implementation phases.
- Develop user documentation for system changes that impact current processes.
- Collect and document business and design requirements via stakeholder/user interviews.
- Function as a liaison between the business needs of internal and external stakeholders in our content web site including actively managing relationships.
- Ensure a consistent representation of the National Grid brand and tone across all external and internal sites and ensure a seamless integration to the transaction experience.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Marketing/Communications, and/or User Experience) . Professional qualification in Marketing/Communications preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience in website operations, marketing, customer and/or User Experience and with on-line communications channels and tools to support the delivery of effective digital operations
- Experience of managing external suppliers and agencies
- Experience leading internal and external projects
- Experience with complex, dynamic websites and content management applications such as CrownPeak, Microsoft SharePoint and WordPress.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of web design/development (UX & UI) and cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Strong problem solving and good analytical skills (defect analysis and reporting).
- Track record of successful project completion working in a team.
- Good time and priority management skills and the ability to work with tight deadlines.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.