Job ID 23696Location Brooklyn, New YorkOrganization Work Scheduling and DispatchDepartment Gas Scheduling and Coordination NY
National Grid is hiring a Planner for our Gas Resource Scheduling & Coordination department in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Planner will manage and coordinate multiple field location work plans and activities ensuring regulatory, budget, work performance, productivity, and customer expectations are realized. Other responsibilities to include scheduling and executing work plans as prescribed by Resource Planning to support the overall delivery of the CapEx and OpEx work plans.
• Act as the first point of contact for internal performing organizations and stakeholders for programs of responsibility.
• Manage, balance, and coordinate internal resources to optimize short and long-term resource needs to achieve the work plan and deliver against agreed programs of work. • Promote and implement procedural best practice to execute the annual Capex and Opex plans, and ensure all working practice (and where relevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements. • Continuously seek better ways of performing work in order to drive greater efficiencies. • Keep up to date with regulatory developments within energy industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid. • Report and monitor monthly resource levels and resource predictions to Resource Planning for measurement of performance to plan progress in order to enable analysis of key themes and trends. • Promote and implement procedural best practice within Customer Meter Services and Maintenance & Construction in order to execute the annual CapEx and Opex work plans and to ensure all working practices are compliant with company policies and regulatory requirements. • Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stake holders in order to share best practices, drive consistency in resource planning and ensure timely delivery of projects. • Communicate with Dispatch, Field Ops, and CMS supervisors to ensure resource information is accurate for all field resources
• 3+ years related work experience required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent field experience
• Self-starter/motivated to drive the performance of programs of responsibility
• Knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Maximo, SAP, CRIS, PowerBI, CWQ) is a plus • Knowledge in Excel is required • Knowledge of natural gas system operations is required • Experience working with group projects and projects independently
• Anticipates obstacles and thinks proactively, demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness.
• Demonstrates ability to build relationships and maintain engagement of stakeholders during meetings • Preferred experience in working with union workforce
Valid drivers license
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.