Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
National Grid is hiring a Manager, US Tax Strategy & Planning for our Tax department in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Manager, US Tax Strategy & Planning will support the Director, US Tax Strategy & Planning by (i) conducting tax research and analysis of tax law and relevant legislative developments, (ii) assisting in the development of tax advice, and (iii) assisting with tax planning strategies, for National Grid’s US regulated business, National Grid Venture’s US activity, and any other transactions and business activity conducted in the US.
- Serve as a tax technical advisor for National Grid in the US (including its US regulated business, NGV, and all other US business interests) and support the Director with all aspects of tax research, strategy and planning (for federal, state and local income and indirect taxes).
- Support the Director to develop tax technical recommendations to the US Tax Leadership team on diverse tax compliance, reporting, regulatory and controversy matters.
- Support the Director to evaluate the appropriate tax treatment of structures and transactions (for financial reporting and tax compliance purposes); identify tax risk; and, ensure conformity with National Grid’s risk appetite and broader social principles.
- Draft tax memos relating to all types of taxes (e.g., income, sales, gross receipts, payroll, property, etc.) applicable to National Grid US.
- Support the Director and other teams in completing their responsibilities within an area of expertise, such as US Regulatory and US Tax Financial Reporting (e.g., in dealings with regulators or independent auditors on tax technical matters).
- Draft documentation relating to uncertain tax positions.
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence/position papers to taxing authorities, including responses to information requests; and, interacting with external legal advisers in respect of tax appeals.
- Monitor and proactively communicate legislative tax developments applicable to National Grid US’s operations.
- Support the Director to develop tax technical presentations for interaction at senior levels.
- Foster relationships with peers in Corporate/Government Affairs, Legal, Regulation, NGV, Finance and Business Services, and other internal functions as necessary regarding tax technical matters.
- Join the Director, and/or serving as a delegate, in interaction with senior leaders within the organization and industry conferences.
- Lead tax training sessions and assist with the development of the tax team.
- Project management, including overseeing assigned corporate and department initiatives.
- J.D. with LL.M. in taxation or Master of Science in Taxation required (CPA a plus).
- Law firm or Big 4 experience supporting large corporate clients preferred (experience with regulated utilities, renewable energy, and tax equity a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of corporate tax law (experience with regulated utilities and tax equity a plus).
- Experience in formulating strategies and providing advice on US federal and state tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions (domestic and international) activity, spin-offs, restructurings, limited liability companies and other pass-through entities, liquidations and other significant transactions.
- Experience with research and analysis of complex tax technical matters (income and indirect taxes).
- Knowledge of federal and state tax compliance and disclosure requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and focus on team building.
- Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
- Ability to bring consistency and excellence in tax service delivery.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstration of sound judgment.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.