Job DescriptionApply Now
Manager, Plant Accounting & ReconciliationsJob ID 20173373 Date posted 11/14/2017
Finance Operations, Manager, Plant Accounting and Reconciliations is responsible for the monthly reconciliation of transactions in PowerPlan and SAP. Responsible for ensuring data entered into PowerPlan is accurate and reconciles with other systems and requirements. Leads and oversees Plant accounting processes.
Reports to the Director, Plant Accounting and is responsible for all accounting and reconciliation processes for Plant Accounting.
- Responsible for the management of accounting activities that support Plant accounting.
- Leads the monthly reconciliation processes of Plant transactions in PowerPlan and SAP.
- Oversees the reconciliation of accounts for close processes.
- Oversees and reviews accounting information for accuracy to assist in Plant reporting and filings.
- Reviews accounting pronouncements of regulatory agencies and facilitate implementation within Plant Accounting.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and work instructions are current, well-documented, accurate, and reflect the controls framework relied on for balance sheet integrity in compliance with US GAAP, SOX, FERC and IFRS guidelines.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual closeout and reporting proceedings in PowerPlan and SAP in compliance with US GAAP, SOX, FERC, and IFRS reporting requirements.
- Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
- Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
- Ensures proper support to meet business requirements of financial and non-financial controls.
·Fixed asset accounting
·Utility industry accounting
·US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley policy and SEC regulations
·FERC policy and procedures
·End-to-end process design
·Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 7 years of progressive work experience in a fixed asset accounting environment or other related field
·Experience in implementing and leading processes
·Knowledge and ability to apply federal, state, and municipal energy regulations
·Experience managing capital and fixed asset accounting
·Knowledge of general ledger platforms, with a strong preference for SAP experience
·Knowledge and/or experience using PowerPlan or similar system
Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
·Knowledge and/or exposure to Maximo, STORMS and other work management systems
·Demonstrated proficiency in managing a team, communicating expectations, and delegating responsibilities with the ability to build effective working relationships
·Able to assess business issues, define the process, and bring unique solutions to business problems
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertis
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.