Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
At National Grid we are committed to delivering safe and reliable energy to the customers and communities we serve. We are one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. We are proud of the contributions our work and our people make to the prosperity and wellbeing of our customers, communities and investors.
We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals who want to join a dynamic and fast paced organization going through a major transformation. If you are someone who’s looking to bring innovation, contribute ideas and play a part in renewing the global procurement organization we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the Director of Labor & Employee Relations, this position is responsible for the day-to-day administration, interpretation and enforcement of collective bargaining agreements; handling and investigation of union grievances, discipline and special assignments; dispute resolution; training; and similar employee relations issues and initiatives for assigned DNY business areas. The position serves as the primary point of contact for union leadership and its representatives in defined business areas.
The successful candidate must reside in Downstate NY (in or around NYC/LI) and be able to readily access the Company’s service territory in the Metro-NY region (Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island).
- Assist contract negotiations and agreements with union representatives and counterparts, including standards of work and contract content to ensure best value for National Grid.
- Manage employee complaints and grievances through the relevant procedures to secure the most beneficial outcome for both the employee and National Grid.
- Provide advice and technical expertise on labor relations matters to line managers and supervisors to ensure that relevant labor contract terms, company policies, procedures and standards are applied consistently and correctly.
- Prepare cases for presentation at internal and external hearings and proceedings to support the achievement of successful outcomes for National Grid.
- Monitor and control allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure special labor relations projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
- Knowledge of Company personnel policies and procedures, labor contracts and special agreements, and the ability to interpret and apply the provisions of same.
- Work with business units to translate labor relations objectives into well-defined requirements with clearly defined business cases in order to support change and innovation within National Grid.
- Develop and utilize peer group network in order to absorb and apply best practices within own business client areas.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, or a business-related area (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Advanced degree/credits are preferred.
- At least 5 years of Labor & Employee Relations experience.
- Prior supervisory experience of bargaining unit employees is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving history.
- Thorough knowledge of practices, principles and applications pertaining to the labor relations profession.
- Knowledge of current trends in Human Resource management and applicable Federal, State and Local statutes and regulations. In-depth knowledge of labor law, equal employment and affirmative action programs, ADA, FMLA, FSLA, etc.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation and Corporate drug testing programs and regulations, wage administration and job evaluations systems.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.