A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2021. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through frequent development sessions and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
About the Position
This role will support the efforts to design and develop strategy, policy, programs, and partnerships focused on product growth for energy efficiency, demand response, and electrication of heat within the commercial and industrial customer sectors The Senior Analyst will focus on efforts to optimize product offerings in support of achieving regulatory targets, company Earnings Adjustment Mechanism (“EAM”) targets, and Reforming the Energy Vision (“REV”) ambitions within New York, and contribute to the projected growth of $100 million operating profit goal.
- Provide support to the Commercial Energy Management Team as product manager for the commercial and industrial customer segment to achieve energy efficiency targets, demand management and climate change objectives throughout the company to advance National Grid’s position as a leader in these fields.
- Focus will be on product life cycle for programs and services from development and design, supporting through implementation, and applying market insights and evaluation findings to inform the process.
- Support the development and implementation of regulatory policy and strategy regarding gas and electric efficiency programs in consultation with Legal, Regulatory, and Corporate Affairs, and develops regulatory compliance filings and initiatives to support National Grid’s proposals.
- Support the analysis and position development on regulatory and legislative issues and may be called upon to testify before state legislative and regulatory bodies to support National Grid’s energy policy and energy efficiency, demand reduction and climate change programs.
- Design and development of commercial and industrial energy management products and services, and complete required regulatory filings for the energy efficiency plans, demand response efforts, Distributed
- System Implementation Plan (“DSIP”), rate cases, and 15-year plan.
- Support the optimization of commercial product and service development to support regulatory requirements, meet compliance obligations, as well as EAM achievement, such as energy savings, carbon reduction, and peak reduction, as well as contribute to the growth of the programs/products.
- Identify market research needs, as well as incorporate evaluation findings, to meet regulatory obligations and to support development and enhancement of products and services.
- Communicate with internal business partners and stakeholders to develop process for delivery of approved plans, support compliance and EAM/KPI reporting, evaluation, and policy objectives.
- Research and analyze key themes through the analysis of various programmatic and technology-based options to identify how different scenarios may impact energy efficiency program results and to develop
- individual state energy policy.
- Support the negotiation of new or modified programs, overall funding levels, performance incentives, reporting requirements and metrics with regulatory agencies, non-utility Parties, regional collaboratives,
- efficiency program providers, local government, customer groups, environmental organizations, and others to ensure best value for National Grid.
- Contribute to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives specific to the Product Growth organization’s energy efficiency efforts and in line with regulatory requirements of energy efficiency programs, in order to drive change and innovation within National Grid.
- Coordinate and collaborate with key external stakeholders (NY State Public Service Commission, DPS Staff, NYSERDA, NYPA, NY Joint Utilities, other energy efficiency program administrators) to increase business opportunities with new and existing customers.
Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2021 or June 21, 2021
Valid driver’s license
Proven leadership experience
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.