Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
National Grid is hiring for a Director, Programme Management - SuccessFactorsfor our Transformation & Digital Adoption department in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Transformation & Digital Adoption Office (TDA), part of IT, Digital & Transformation, will play an important part in National Grid bringing energy to life.
Working with the business to reimagine their approach with a digital mindset, the TDA is standardising and streamlining how we deliver transformation – ensuring programs are equipped with the right talent, tools, and methodologies.
We have deployed SuccessFactors across our business, in the UK and the US. We are looking for someone with deep subject matter expertise in this system who will work as part of the TDA team and support the planning, development and delivery of the transformation and digitisation of our HR systems.
A challenger mindset is vital, not accepting the status quo and being bold enough to try something new. Your interpersonal skills will be crucial to developing strong, effective relationships while living our company values – to Do the Right Thing, Find a Better Way and Make it Happen.
We are looking to you to guide the transformation efforts by providing subject matter knowledge in program management and delivery of large-scale transformations and to champion the improvement and standardisation of our processes within our SuccessFactors system. You will support the People and Culture Leadership Team and our Business Unit Leaders to help them understand the opportunities within the system, drive implementation of tools, methodologies and processes and encourage best practice.
Working with our IT teams you will direct and monitor the program activities, including program costs, budgets, staffing requirements and reporting. You will advance the production plan and ensure that the program achieves its strategic objectives.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who is able to motivate and develop teams, either those reporting directly or in a matrix. You will need to collaborate with and influence a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
You will work to advanced industry standards in Program Management and have had experience of large scale, multi-national or cross functional programs. You will have a thorough knowledge of SuccessFactors in particular and ideally of a range of other HR and workforce systems. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in agile situations, working alongside digital transformation teams and be highly results focused. You will be able lead a team to prioritize work effectively, solve problems for stakeholders and have strong interpersonal skills.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Talent management and driving team performance - Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Inspirational leader, able to motivate and develop teams.
- Collaboration with a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years’ minimum of program management experience
- Demonstrated success leading numerous large scale, cross-functional, and global transformation programs/projects
- Proven track record of leading and managing Program Management staff in a large, complex, global organization
- In-depth knowledge of PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programs, Management of Risk, Management of Portfolios, APM, PMI, Agile Scrum Techniques Advanced knowledge of current PM industry standards
- Extensive experience as a Program Manager on large-scale, multi-national or cross-functional programs
- Extensive experience managing multiple programs / projects for a variety of clients
- Strong leadership skills with respect to prioritization, organization, teambuilding, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in agile, ambiguous situations and create structure to drive results
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including the ability to establish rapport at a variety of levels
- Ability to influence, persuade, and engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, data analytics, or similar field , Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)