Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Benefits Strategy Manager in our Brooklyn, NY office.
This position is responsible for designing, implementing, and communicating National Grid benefit plans and programs (exclusive of 401K and Pension Benefits) in the US for both active and retired employees. This includes creating a comprehensive package that is market competitive, consistent with industry practice, meets the needs of the National Grid workforce and is aligned with the Company’s business strategy.
- Evaluate health & welfare, voluntary, and wellbeing industry trends and recommend new benefit designs and programs for active workforce
- Collaborate with the benefits broker in the design and actuarial review of benefit programs
- Develop and analyze key performance metrics, and recognize data trends and patterns to drive strategy decisions
- Gather, interpret and analyze financial information to verify facts or substantiate a business case and cost to achieve, and identify financial risks and potential impacts
- Evaluate benefits legislation and impact on current benefit offerings and future benefits strategy
- Project Manager for implementation of strategic benefits initiatives including sanctioning by senior leaders, vendor selection process, development of eligibility and other requirements, and communication cadence across the organization
- Recommend process improvement for benefit programs in coordination with internal stakeholders (Benefits Operations team, Shared Services Department, HRIS/Payroll, Information Technology)
- Monitor current programs and relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs are in compliance with contracts
- Strategy development for contract negotiations with collective bargaining units, and execution of that strategy
- Development and oversight of benefits communication strategy including rollout of communication campaign for new programs, annual Open Enrollment cycle, and other support as necessary
- Ongoing relationship building with HR (i.e.Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Employee Experience) to ensure benefits messaging is consistent across the organization
- Manage ongoing relationships at all levels in the organization and maintain effective relationships with external partners
- Recognize needs of stakeholder groups and recommend enhancements to employee benefits education
- Participate in health and welfare benefit plan surveys and analysis of same to ensure National Grid programs are aligned with best practice in the marketplace, and provide recommendations for new programs or enhancements of current offerings
- Analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use data to drive recommendations
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial practices and framework to support the successful delivery of benefits strategy
- Ability to work independently and lead projects involving both internal and external stakeholders
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing. Must also have the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and present financial data to all levels of the organization
- Expertise in benefits administration and compliance
- Ability to manage multiple, high level projects as well as process improvement experience
- Extensive knowledge of benefit programs with demonstrated experience in the development, design and implementation of benefit programs.
- Knowledge of industry practice, trends and legislation (i.e. IRS, FLSA, HIPPA, ERISA).
- Experience with union negotiation and benefits (Taft Hartley, collective bargaining agreements)
- High personal standards of commitment and integrity while maintaining confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or other related field
- 10+ years’ experience in health benefits administration, strategy and design.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent benefit experience.
- Advanced degree or CEBS preferred
- Proficiency in MS products especially Excel
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.