Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
National Grid is hiring an Analyst, Service Company for the US Controllership in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Service Company Accounting and Finance Analyst, provides financial performance and reporting support to the all areas of the business. Responsibilities include performing accounting functions by reviewing, verifying and reconciling accounts. Captures accounting transactions using systems such as SAP. Responsible for remediating accounting discrepancies to produce accurate and credible financial information. Develops and reports on financial performance to the jurisdiction to provide accurate information on Service Company charges. Utilizes systems such as SAP and BI Reporting to develop reports, prepare analytics, and perform other monthly, quarterly and annual processes. Responsible for supporting the compliance and reporting processes.
Reports to the Service Company Manager and provides support by providing documentation to jurisdictions and other stakeholders.
• Verifies, reconciles and updates accounts by reviewing discrepancies to produce accurate and credible data.
• Supports month-end accounting close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete accrual of financial transactions.
• Monitors and reports net income, balance sheet and variances against budget and historical data to identify anomalies and discrepancies and to ensure information is accurate.
• Responsible for following US GAAP, SOX and FERC accounting standards.
• Responsible for reporting to jurisdictions monthly billings and analytics.
• Responsible for the compilation, review of financial information to prepare financial statements for the preparation of the annual regulatory filings and analytics.
• Ensure maintenance of financial records for compliance with accepted policies and procedures. This includes the preparation of the Service Company allocation rates.
• Conduct quarterly testing as part of the Cost Allocation Compliance Program.
• Provides ad-hoc reporting including the assembly and review of supporting schedules and requests from multiple stakeholders including regulators and auditors.
• Responsible for maintaining reports and performance documentation.
• Responsible for meeting financial filings and reporting deadlines.
• Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge and Experience:
• General Accounting
• Month-end close process
• Financial and management reporting
• Analysing large data
• US GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements, FERC and IFRS
• Process management
• Cross-functional business partnerships
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years in accounting roles with increasing responsibility
• Knowledge of general ledger platforms and accounting systems experience
• Experience in financial reporting, regulatory reporting preferred and/or compliance
• Experience reviewing and resolving data discrepancies
• Experience researching and collecting financial data for accurate reporting
• Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred
• Written / oral communication skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.