Job DescriptionApply Now
Analyst/Senior Analyst, Plant Accounting - US FinanceJob ID 20173283 Date posted 11/14/2017
- Support the timely delivery of accurate accounting information including the appropriate recording of accounting entries.
- Research and resolve issues by working with the appropriate groups including IS, ERP, Financial Solutions, Operations, Network Strategy, Tax and Plant Accounting.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders in External Financial Reporting, General Accounting and Finance who utilize Plant data.
- Support the Corporate Plant Accounting Team in the preparation of Plant Accounting analytics, ensuring that the needs of jurisdictional business partners are met.
- Develop knowledge of regulatory accounting pronouncements and understanding of accounting policies associated with new pronouncements.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders in Operations and Network Strategy to optimize service levels.
- Support depreciation studies as required for periodic updates and rate proceedings.
- Review work order submissions to ensure they contain all required supporting documentation.
- Facilitate accurate monthly close-outs for all work orders in compliance with relevant policies and documentation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 3 – 5 years experience in accounting.
- Audit experience preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to initiate corrective measures in support of directives received from supervisors.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge and/or exposure to PowerPlan, Maximo, STORMS, SAP and other work management systems.
- Knowledge of general ledger platforms, with a strong preference for SAP experience.
- US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley. FERC and IFRS policy and procedures knowledge.
- Document preparation in support of compliance requirements.
- Ability to the think critically and apply innovative approaches to existing procedures.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.