Job DescriptionApply Now
Shift Supervisor, Regional Control CenterJob ID 20180006 Date posted 01/11/2018
About the Position:
Position Responsibilties (including but not limited to):
Under the general direction of the Director, Regional Control Center:
- Supervises the operation of the electric system.
- Monitors, operates and maintains control of the transmission, distribution and station facilities.
- Supervises regional operators and associated personnel.
- Insures compliance with Company standards.
- Promote safety and provides reliable electric service and directs emergency restoration of generating and electrical systems following contingencies.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Associate's Degree with specialized training in electrical transmission, distribution and generation systems with 5 to 7 years qualifying experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electric substations and associated transmission, distribution and network circuits.
- Knowledge of Company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven strong interpersonal and human resources skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.