Senior Project Manager, Electricity Capital Project Delivery Apply Now
National Grid is hiring in Albany, NY.
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management, and governance of assigned projects in accordance with the National Grid project management processes defined by scope, schedule & quality. Provide leadership and clear direction project team.
- Manage electric distribution, transmission and substation projects and DOT relocations, including new facilities, major additions, rehab and retrofit projects.
- Manage all aspects of assigned project(s) including:
- communications; team leadership;
- sign off on and deliver to approved scope, cost estimate, schedule and resource plan;
- control of project scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters / risk management;
- compliance with environmental, safety and National Grid standards and policies;
- acquisition of required permits, licenses and land rights;
- engineering and design deliverables;
- contracted services, equipment and material procurement and administration;
- construction, interface with operations, and commissioning;
- close activities with project acceptance; and
- provide project status reports to team members and stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of efficiency, teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization both throughout the department, the project team(s) and project support groups including Engineering & Design departments, Operations, Asset Management groups, Supply Chain Management, Business and Commercial Services, Real Estate, Environmental and Administrative Service groups.
- Provide project management consulting and expertise for peers within the Engineering & Design groups. Seek and promote ‘best practices’ approach to project management within the team and work group
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively.
- 3+ years’ experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations. MBA preferred.
- Experience with successful delivery of complex projects and possess team leadership skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now