Senior Analyst, Gas Instrumental and Regulation Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Analyst position will support the New York Instrumentation and Regulation Department (I&R) with performance monitoring and tracking of various operational tasks and programs
- Assist with compiling and reporting of results associated with productivity metrics, regulatory compliance measures, departmental finances, and workplan adherence.
- Performing statistical data quality analysis on I&R equipment as part of National Grid’s Gas Business Enablement (GBE) software development.
- Assist and support National Grid Pipeline Safety and Regulatory Compliance during New York State Public Service Commission audits and information requests.
- Assist and support I&R Rate Case Development
- Manage the development and deployment of a Site-Specific Procedures library throughout I&R.
- Lead and Direct temporary staff in the digitation of I&R records as part of GBE development.
- Support the development and use of the I&R Digital Performance Hub.
- Oversee internal I&R Compliance activities associated with Fixed Factor Metering
- Lead the development and authoring of I&R Procedures and Standards necessary to support I&R workforce activities and Regulatory Compliance
- Assist with the development of annual departmental budgets and variance reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects as necessary.
- Support I&R Leadership in the development of enhanced training and workforce competency development.
- Develop and maintain analytical systems, models and procedures in order to support design solutions and to enhance efficiency, standardization, and public safety.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to improve I&R’s Public safety, Employee safety, Regulatory Compliance, and System Reliability performance.
-Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong experience using analytical tools and techniques, data querying and interpretation.
- Strong verbal, written, and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with Regulatory and Governmental Agencies.
-Proficient in relevant business software e.g. Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong team, partnering, analytical, conflict resolution and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently across all functions and levels of an organization and build effective working relationships within National Grid.
- Knowledge of Gas Safety Codes (16 NYCRR 255, 49 CFR 192) a plus
- Knowledge of I&R Policies and Procedures a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now