Job DescriptionApply Now
Project ManagerJob ID 20172621 Date posted 09/12/2017
About (the Position):
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management, and governance of assigned projects in accordance with the National Grid project management processes defined by scope, schedule & quality.Provide leadership and clear direction project team.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage electric distribution and substation projects and DOT relocations, including new facilities, major additions, rehab and retrofit projects.
- Manage all aspects of assigned project(s) including:
- communications; team leadership;
- develop and gain approval of scope, cost estimate, schedule and resource plan;
- control of project scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters / risk management;
- compliance with environmental, safety and National Grid standards and policies;
- acquisition of required permits, licenses and land rights;
- engineering and design deliverables;
- contracted services, equipment and material procurement and administration;
- construction, interface with operations, and commissioning;
- close activities with project acceptance; and
- provide project status reports to team members and stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization both throughout the department, the project team(s) and project support groups including Engineering & Design departments, Operations, Asset Management groups, Supply Chain Management, Business and Commercial Services, Real Estate, Environmental and Administrative Service groups.
- Provide project management consulting and expertise for peers within the Engineering & Design groups.Seek and promote ‘best practices’ approach to project management within the team and work group.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 5+ years experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations. MBA preferred.
- Certified Project Management Professional preferred.
- Experience with successful delivery of complex projects and possess team leadership skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of power system operations, electrical and civil engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
- Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
- Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, construction management, interpersonal & written communication, and critical analysis.
- Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.