IS GIS Technical Analyst Apply Now
About the Position:
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies inthe world - covering Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and the UK.
We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society,delivering clean energy to support our world long into the future. Everyday wework with stakeholders to promote the development and implementation ofsustainable, innovative and affordable energy solutions.
The Gas BusinessEnablement project is a major long-term investment in our US gas business toenhance compliance, improve customer service, rate case strategy andperformance. This newly created project will be a significant undertakingfor the business as we standardize and simplify our operational processes,upgrade the technical systems they run on, build on our compliance programs ina rapidly changing external environment, develop and enhance how we usetechnology in the field and ensure we have the right talent and resource plansto successfully deliver to our customers.
As part of the project,National Grid will consolidate its current 5 different solutions/instances ofGIS into one solution based on ESRI and hosted in Azure cloud environment. This role will be responsible for providing ESRIsupport for the GIS team as part of the Gas Business Enablement project. The support includes providing assistanceduring testing and post go live support.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide business and technical support as itrelates to the GIS (ESRI) system being used by the Gas Business Enablementproject
- Configures(and develops customized where necessary) web applications, web services,mobile, and enterprise solutions in ESRI
- Configuresand develops geoprocessing and GIS web services
- Configuresand develops GIS web editing/mapping applications
- Conductsperformance, unit, system, integration, and quality assurance testing ofapplications
- Maintainsexisting applications/services
- Providesend user support and creates support documentation
- Worksclosely with other developers and architects
- proposesdevelopment solutions and estimateswork effort
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 5+years of programming/application development experience
- BS and educated to degree level in a relevant discipline oran equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2+ years of PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL
- 3+ years Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10x; ArcGIS Proexperience is a plus
- 3+ EsriPortal / ArcGIS Online/Web App Builder
- 2+ years Esri ArcGIS Server services and GeoProcessingservices development
- 2+ years Esriversioned geodatabase development and management
- 2+ Python Scripting
- Citrix or similar VirtualDesktop Infrastructure (VDI) experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems from codebugs to database connectivity to application server or operating systemfailures
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatialanalysis, map projections, etc
- EsriGeodatabase (SDE) Administration
- NETWeb Services (UDDI, SOAP, REST, WCF, etc.)
- EsriTechnical Certifications – Developer/Enterprise
Thisposition is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide forpromotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop andevolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring andapplying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Posting:Jun 29, 2018, 1:02:17 PM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now