Job DescriptionApply Now
Director, Contract ManagementJob ID 20171206 Date posted 05/17/2017
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Review portfolio of construction contracts from a delivery perspective to identify improvement opportunities, data requirements, commercial strategies, targeted analysis, and performance management initiatives.
- Lead efforts to integrate existing data sources and develop sustainable, consolidated data management processes & systems that ensure data integrity, automate reporting.
- Develop, manage, and continuously improve contract performance metrics for Gas Construction contractors
- Develop overall streamlined process for data collection, analysis and reporting to optimize construction delivery, including delivery metrics, safety trending, change orders, and provision of consistent accurate information to regulatory bodies.
- Provide customized reports that meet stakeholder needs (e.g., PSC, National Grid leadership, various National Grid delivery organizations, contractors, etc).
- Manage business and contract model evaluations to develop improved delivery models, progressive construction contracting strategies, metrics and evaluation methodologies.
- Create implementation plans to educate all participants on new initiatives.
- Develop progressive metrics to monitor and motivate improved performance and progress of contract initiatives.
- Provide fact-based analysis and recommendations for various strategic business decisions.
- Define and execute pilots to test new construction business models and contract strategies.
- Review the adequacy of Contractor training and Operator Qualification program compliance.
- Oversee management of large multi faceted projects simultaneously and create and lead change management on all initiatives, such as development of a unit schedule for Gas Mains and Services Contracts, associates pipeline services contracts such as utility locating, leak survey and corrosion inspection.
- Create and execute contractor training and communication plans as needed.
- Drive large, multi-stakeholder development groups to achieve aggressive schedule and deliverable goals by effectively setting and managing schedules / expectations and appropriately resourcing projects.
- Lead periodic supplier meetings to review contractor performance KPI’s and communicate key business information such as procedure revisions and regulatory updates.
- Lead contractor safety workshops.
- Train and develop construction supervisors and inspectors on contract terms.
- Analyze contractors financial performance, including pricing, actual cots, cost reporting and risk quantification in order to identify how different scenarios may impact upon the business.
- Audit contracts to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Issue invoice status report to business stakeholders to show invoices awaiting approval backlog.
- Act as a liaison with pipeline contracting companies to ensure the correct match between construction resources and the company’s capital strategy.
- Review support and verify KPI measurement and reporting programs.
- Enhance and implement system updates to incorporate additional automated invoicing coverage to utilized contractors.
- Supply appropriate data input and response to various internal groups, including but not limited to; Internal Audit, Regulatory, Finance, Accounting.
- Work cross lines of business and geographical areas to drive greater value, identify synergies, and realize best practices in existing contract arrangements.
- Drive agreement and collaboration between multiple internal and external representatives to ensure agreement related to contract measurement and reporting.
- Coordinate and facilitate large meetings with internal stakeholders, and vendor management teams.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Engineering. MBA preferred or extensive equivalent experience.
- 8 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Well developed written and communication skills, ability to present and explain key findings.
- Proven ability to think creatively and outside the box to overcome complex business challenges. Ability to take an idea and create a robust analysis/solution.
- Negotiate terms of agreements among multiple diverse stakeholders
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
- Manage personnel to optimize their development, growth, and contribution.
- Experience with contracts, performance metrics, and procurement process
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Requires excellent change management skills. Need to ability to get large groups of diverse people to agree to a single plan.
- Strong computer skills regarding specialized business applications as well as Microsoft Office Applications.
- Self motivating with the possibility of working independently, talking responsibility for work.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.