Job DescriptionApply Now
Analyst/EngineerJob ID 20170540 Date posted 03/02/2017
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide enterprise wide support for testing, evaluating and standardizing materials
- Perform root cause analysis of materials failure in service or during installation and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Responsible for implementation of new materials in storeroom stock utilizing inventory management system
- Development of clear and concise construction standards and material specifications for enterprise wide application.
- Drive the organization towards standardization by consolidating materials, standards and specifications.
- Assure effective and timely development of change management plans for changes in materials and standards in concert with technical learning and process owners.
- Provide effective and timely technical support to the gas operating organizations and process owners for implementation of best practices.
- Support research, development and deployment of new technologies and materials to improve operations efficiency.
- Work effectively with the supply chain team in managing inventory and material cost.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or material science is preferred
Valid driver license and an acceptable driving record
- 10+ years of natural gas distribution experience preferred.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in gas operations and supervision or engineering in lieu of an engineering degree
- Field experience related to the installation and application of gas system materials and tooling is preferable.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability and communications skills to disseminate changes effectively.
- Ability to support and influence process owners to meet materials and standards standardization needs.
- Exhibit personal commitment and integrity in supporting organizations effectively and in a timely manner
- Extensive field experience or an Associate or a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or science is preferred.
- Employees: Individual Contributor
- Asset Value: TBD
- Annual Payroll: TBD
- Capital Investment Program (Annual): TBD
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.