Job DescriptionApply Now
Associate/Analyst/Sr.Analyst, Gas Accounting (NE)Job ID 20170469 Date posted 02/17/2017
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Compiles, enters and reviews financial information to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Maintains financial records for compliance with policies and procedures.
- Meets financial reporting deadlines for accurate and timely close processes.
- Reconciles invoices with counterparties for credible financial data.
- Monitors and supports accounting and financial requirements.
- Develops and maintains General Ledger and financial databases.
- Assists with the preparation of documents for audit processes.
- Oversees accurate and appropriate recording of revenues and expenses.
- Collects documents for compliance with U.S. GAAP, SOX and other requirements.
- Responsible for accurate data entry to ensure credible financial data.
- Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
Knowledge & experience in the following areas is preferable:
- Accounting principles
- Close processes
- Attention to detail
- Data entry
- Account reconciliation
- Financial systems
- Month-end close processes
- Risk mitigation
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with limited or similar experience in accounting function
- Knowledge of general ledger platforms and accounting system experience
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Knowledge of utility service business activities and projects
- Ability to review and resolving data discrepancies
- Ability to identify accounting issues and recommend solutions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.