Job DescriptionApply Now
Manager, Service Company AnalyticsJob ID 20170466 Date posted 05/19/2017
With the demand for energy growing globally, it’s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
Manager, Service Company Analytics leads the development of a controlled, accurate, defendable and transparent approach to reporting costs throughout the US operation in order to provide clean and accurate financial information for US reporting both internally and externally.
Role reports to Director, Service Company.
- Oversee all accounting and financial statements related to the Service Company and FERC reporting.
- Manage the Service Company accounting function to ensure a disciplined, consistent and defendable approach to cost reporting and the allocation of all service company expenses to the jurisdictions.
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of policies and procedures in order define and maintain cost centers and to standardize control checks while building transparency in the business and ensure coherence with strategic business objectives.
- Make informed authoritative recommendations on the Service Company financial reporting structure in order to improve business performance in the medium and longer term and to minimize the impact of audit results.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the Service Company team in order to inspire commitment and engagement and improve long term performance.
- Proactively build and maintain internal and external networks in order learn and apply cost allocation best practices to the Service Company’s policies and procedures.
- Evaluate financial policy legislation and governance standards in order to determine probable impact on National Grid.
- Manage the financial compliance relationship with auditors and regulators in order to ensure National Grid operates in line with regulatory requirements.
- Review and challenge existing policies and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and drive best value for the business.
- Support function and business unit finance
- Intercompany billing
- Account reconciliations
- Technical accounting
- General accounting
- Pattern and trend identification
- Utility industry accounting
- Process centric operations
- US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC regulations
- Process Management
- Close processes
- Risk mitigation
- Compliance Testing
- Data collection, research methodologies for compliance testing (Process Controls Effectiveness)
- Business report writing, preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Audit, review and analysis of business and financial records.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to enable the team to perform at their best.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate National Grid policies into processes and procedures and understands how best to utilize them in order to drive greater performance, taking into account the wider business context.
- Internal and external auditor experience and understanding.
- In-depth knowledge of cost allocation and data analytics tools.
- Demonstrates strong negotiating and influencing skills adapts the style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred with 7 years in Accounting and with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to drive month-end and filing close timelines
- Background in utility service or similar industry accounting
- Proven experience to assess financial risk
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
- Ability to lead teams of Finance professionals
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.