Job DescriptionApply Now
Underground Field Inspector 6Job ID 20170323 Date posted 08/16/2017
About the Position:
- Responsible for routines associated with the replacement of paving removed for construction work. Handle field inspection and coordination work for the installation of customer services.
- Inspect job site to determine field conditions, obtain permits, check contractor crews to insure work meets Company standards, handle correspondence, clerical work and complaints regarding the above, and check contractor’s bill for accuracy.
- From records, plans, and through field inspection, determine points of interference between public property and Company facilities and perform mark outs. Recommend changes, maintain close contact with public authorities, builders, contractors, etc., regarding complaints and requirements.
- Plan work, maintain records, and dispatch crews for PSC programs such as detection survey, trunk main inspection, etc.
- Make minor repairs to instruments and tools.
- Inspect contractor crews performing limited construction work.
- Use pressure recorders and other instruments necessary to perform this work.
- Check work orders for availability of material and when work is finished, for completeness and accuracy of papers and sketches.
- Prepare, design, and estimate gas facilities as directed. May include analysis of load demand, required equipment, estimates, sketches, permit application, and resolution of conflicts.
- Maintain office maps.
- High School plus 4 college-level courses (Math, Physics, Drafting & Engineering).
- Please attach transcript verifying these course were taken to your application.
- Two years’ experience.
- Gas Maintenance - Gas Field Operation.
- Gas Construction, Contract Oversight - EP7.
- Gas Construction, Contract Oversight – Restoration.
- Customer Fulfillment - Gas Design.
- Prerequisite: Educational requirement for grade 6 or 7 stated above.
- Field training with experienced worker.
- Observer assisting, Operation Qualification as required.
- Design procedures / technical installation review.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License (Class 1 Commercial Driver’s License is not required).
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.