Job DescriptionApply Now
Analyst / Senior Analyst, Budget and ForecastingJob ID 20170213 Date posted 03/30/2017
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for preparing budgets and forecasts to support business guidance.
- Creates budgets and forecasts to support the needs of the jurisdiction.
- Drafts preliminary budgets by partnering within the jurisdiction to collect financial information.
- Creates forecasts to provide planning information to support jurisdiction activities and budgets.
- Provides insight by producing preliminary budgets to support review and buy-in.
- Supports budget adjustments and reforecasting to meet the needs of the jurisdiction.
- Utilizes historical financial data to develop budget and forecasting models.
- Applies regulatory requirements for Jurisdiction Finance to provide budget and forecasting accuracy.
- Performs on-going budget review and forecasting to provide current performance trends to support jurisdiction performance.
- Utilizes knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS in analysis and scenarios.
- Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Business and financial planning
- Budget consolidation
- Business unit finance
- General Accounting
- Data collection and review
- U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS
- Budgeting, accurate forecasting and KPIs
- Analysis of business performance
- Project management
- Cross-functional business partnerships
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s preferred with a minimum of 3 years in business performance, reporting or data analysis
- Experience in financial planning activities
- Background in business unit finance structures
- Experience researching and collecting financial data for accurate budgeting
- Demonstrated business forecasting
- Background in utility service business activities
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.