Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Analyst, Budget and ForecastingJob ID 20164478 Date posted 03/08/2017
About the Position:
Service Company Finance, Senior Analyst, Budget and Forecasting provides budgeting and forecasting support to the assigned Service Company (i.e. Information Services, Finance, HR, Communications, Shared Services, Legal, Network Strategy, Customer Strategy and Business Development). Develops budgets and forecasting models to support data provided by the jurisdiction. Responsible for supporting the budget collection process. Produces communication of the jurisdiction budget and updates to support forecasting.
Reports to the Manager, Budget and Forecasting provides budgeting and forecasting support to assist in the planning and performance process.
- Responsible for preparing budgets and forecasts to support business guidance.
- Creates budgets and forecasts to support the needs of Service Company.
- Drafts preliminary budgets by partnering within the jurisdiction and finance to collect Service Company financial information.
- Creates forecasts to provide planning information to support Service Company activities and budgets.
- Provides insight by producing preliminary budgets to support review and buy-in.
- Supports budget adjustments and re-forecasting to meet the needs of the Service Company.
- Utilizes Service Company historical financial data to develop budget and forecasting models.
- Applies regulatory requirements for Service Company and Jurisdiction Finance to provide budget and forecasting accuracy.
- Performs on-going budget review and forecasting to provide current performance trends to support jurisdiction performance.
- Utilizes knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS in analysis and scenarios.
- Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
- Business and financial forecasting
- Budget consolidation
- Support function finance
- General Accounting
- Data collection and review
- U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS
- Budgeting, accurate forecasting and KPIs
- Analysis of business performance
- Project management
- Cross-functional business partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years in business or data analysis
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting activities
- Background in support function finance structures
- Experience researching and collecting financial data for accurate budgeting
- Demonstrated business forecasting
- Background in utility service business activities
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.