Job DescriptionApply Now
Sr.Tax AnalystJob ID 20162658 Date posted 02/22/2017
About the Position:
Under the supervision of the Director, this position provides comprehensive non- income tax compliance, audit support and research, for all U.S. legal entities subject to sales & use, gross income, fuel, excise and exempt organization tax.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for the timely and efficient preparation and filing of Sales/Use, Gross Receipts, Petroleum Business, and Excise and Miscellaneous tax returns with Federal, State and Local taxing authorities on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
- Research and resolve indirect tax notices in a timely manner.
- Monitor and administer tax rate changes and updates as appropriate.
- Support formal internal and external audits.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, provide account analysis to support financial and regulatory reporting, and book reconciling journal entries.
- Research and respond to internal client tax inquiries.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related fields
- 3+ years of indirect tax compliance experience
- Knowledge of accounting concepts is required
- Must have excellent MS excel, word, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with SAP, Sabrix, PeopleSoft, Oracle and use tax accrual software is preferred
- Knowledge of CCH and BNA tax application and research database is preferred
- CPA or CMI is preferred
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- Excellent work ethic
- Team player
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.