Job DescriptionApply Now
Analyst (Analyst), US TaxJob ID 20164375 Date posted 03/17/2017
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepare income tax accruals reported in accordance with IAS 12 for consolidated US operations; (2) reported in accordance with ASC 740 for stand-alone US GAAP financial statements; and (3 )reported in accordance with FERC requirements for regulatory reporting.
- Prepare income tax account reconciliations, including tax basis balance sheets and account roll forwards.
- Member of team developing and maintaining standardized and efficient US income tax accounting system.
- Prepare analysis of uncertain tax positions in accordance with FIN 48 and IFRS and related pronouncements.
- Record income tax expense during monthly closing process.
- Draft income tax disclosures reported in financial statements.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns and related estimates and extensions.
- Assist with federal and state audit requests.
- Draft presentations.
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 4+ years experience working in tax.
- Working knowledge of income tax accounting principles, tax laws/regulations and standards for income tax preparation.
- Knowledge of Coprtax and strong excel skills a plus.
- Desire to receive a Masters in Taxation and/or CPA is preferred.
- Organized and process oriented individual with good time management skills.
- Able to successfully manage competing priorities.
- Enjoys working in team setting and willing to make recommendations for improvements.
- Good communication skills.
- Accountable for decisions and results.
- Enjoys being challenged by complex technical discussion and analysis.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willing to travel if needed.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.