Job DescriptionApply Now
Program Manager Main & Service Replacement - DNYJob ID 20164284 Date posted 01/03/2017
Work with a team that develops a Main and Service Replacement program for NY which will improve the integrity and technical performance of the gas system while delivering regulatory compliance.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
·Monitor status of all work orders in the Proactive Main Replacement program. Close out work orders that will not be completed to avoid AFUDC etc.
·Track the movement of work orders in and out of the program. Perform year end reconciliation of original plan vs. actual projects completed.
·Provide reporting throughout the year as well as year-end on the Main Replacement program to the PSC.
·Track all costs variations within the plan (projects planned versus walk in).
·Track estimates vs. actual costs for all projects in plan.
·Track all actively corroding main for completion within 2 year window.
·Track all Large Diameter Lining / CISBOT projects and monitor program costs / activity
·Work with Resource Planning to monitor the process of the work plan and how it relates to regulatory obligations.
·Develop regional unit cost information to support accurate estimating of all projects
·Identify and assist in overcoming municipal issues (permitting, etc).
·Develop 5 year replacement plans based upon engineers’ analysis and priority scores.
·Develop material forecasting process and work with IMWM to ensure adequate material supply.
·Develop plan for projects targeted at maximizing elimination of Class 3 leaks to support reduction of Class 3 backlog.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing a work program from inception to completion.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory issues affecting the gas industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of rate cases and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate obstacles and think ahead about next steps.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including human resource management and negotiations.
- Ability to self-start.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and an understanding of the operating model of National Grid is a minimum requirement. Advance degree and/or certification a plus. Professional Engineering (PE) License a plus.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.