Job DescriptionApply Now
Performance Excellence LeadJob ID 20163674 Date posted 01/26/2017
About the Position:
To provide the assurance that Performance Excellence Roadmap and Strategy is being deployed and sustained effectively.
To transfer capability into the Leadership and Practitioner communities, in order to embed and sustain a performance excellence culture within and across functions, resulting in the delivery of continuous improvement, value creation for Customers and the Company and engaged employees.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Coordinate a number of diagnostic and improvement initiatives to make a positive impact across the function in support of the company end to end processes and function business plan.
- Be a trusted Performance Excellence advisor to senior leaders providing continual challenge to drive Performance Excellence and therefore contributing to the function’s business/strategic plan.
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders across the company to ensure smooth process improvement implementations within and beyond functional boundaries to successfully deliver quantified benefits.
- Actively support the Performance Excellence community of practice to ensure development of Performance Excellence standards, consistency, best practice sharing and successes.
- Establish and maintain performance monitoring to show continuous improvement tied into the hierarchy of Teams Hubs and champions escalations required to remove any blockers in performance.
- Ensure that the Performance Excellence Roadmap and Performance Excellence standards (Team Hubs, Work Place Audit, problem solving, etc.) are being effectively deployed.
- Deliver, as required by the Business Entity, Performance Excellence training for all classroom courses (i.e. Practitioner, Operational Leadership, Master classes etc.)
- Understand the customer needs and requirements of the Business Entity in order to increase value for the Customer and the Company.
- Build sustainable Performance Excellence behaviors and capability required of team members, supervisors, directors and managers through coaching and training up to skilled level across the whole Performance Excellence Practitioner tools and approaches through mentoring and coaching of individuals.
- Ensure all employees capability is maintained within the function e.g. ensuring new employees are trained appropriately.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A strong understanding of Performance Excellence (or alternative Lean principles) and associated tools and techniques
- The ability to identify complex problems and challenges, analyze the root cause and identify, test and implement appropriate solutions through utilization of advanced problem solving and lean skills
- Project Management experience
- Experience of leading change,especially around cultural change
- The ability to build good relationships at all levels across the business
- The ability to mentor, facilitate training, coach and develop others
- The ability to optimize and track the benefits of continuous improvement projects
- Knowledge of existing Business Management Systems within the Business Entity would be advantageous.
- Degree (or equivalent), or relevant experience
- Black Belt in Six Sigma and / or Lean (desirable) e.g. Lean Competency System 1bc / 2ab
- Green Belt in Facilitative Leadership/Creative Problem Solving (desirable)
- Technical Know How
- Support up to 650 employees across the Business Entity in team problem solving and Value Stream Mapping leading to business and customer benefits
- Provide interface with the Process Teams for managing project work to improve the company end to end processes
- Provide Mentoring, Training, Coaching and Capability build of Managers and their Team Members within the Business Entity up to Skilled level and Performance Excellence Specialists up to Advanced level
- Assure the quality and consistency across the Business Entity in delivering and sustaining Performance Excellence
- Manage Lean PEx projects across the Business Entity and occasionally take the lead role for cross functional projects when appropriate
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected from discrimination under municipal, state, or federal law. We encourage all interested, qualified persons to join the National Grid team.